World Saver / Thermodynamics & Chemical Process Engineer / Founding Member (f,m,d)
You like working with ultra-cold fluids? You’re proficient in designing chemical and thermodynamic processes from the ground up? You want to work with an amazing team and enable renewable energy adoption worldwide? Liquid Air Energy Storage is uniquely suited to solve large parts of the global energy storage problems, and we are looking for our technical design lead for our unique approach to commercialise liquid air energy storage. We want you!
Who are we?
phelas is pushing green energy production worldwide to the next level. Our Liquid Air Energy Storage will help to store green energy for short and medium durations. It will allow an increase of renewable energy in the grids and make them more economical. To top it off, it doesn’t use critical materials in contrast to Lithium-Batteries.
Our technology is based on already established industry solutions (cryogenic tanks, turbines, compressors) and easily scalable. With our unique approach, we are able to solve the existing hurdles of Liquid Air Energy Storage and enable decreasing costs as well as new business models. We collected initial funding via grants and are currently preparing our Pre-Seed round.
What will you do?
- Lead the technical design of the system and be responsible for the integration of all components as a founding member in the phelas team
- Develop, design and calculate the relevant thermodynamic processes (compression, air liquefaction, expansion, gas turbine)
- Evaluate the technical feasibility and make key decisions on used processes
- Define the technology roadmap
- Lead our technical project management to ensure milestones are met
- Represent our technology to investors
- Actively form and shape the company and its culture
- Make more renewable energy production possible to save our planet!
Who are you?
- Working experience as thermodynamics systems engineer from concept to plant as chemical or mechanical engineer
- Proven project manager in realizing prototypes and pilot plants
- Rock-solid experience in process simulation (Aspen/ChemCAD/UniSim/HYSIS)
- Working experience in the field of gas liquefaction (natural gas, nitrogen, or similar)
- Positive will do attitude, keen on new challenges
- interest in crafting personally in the lab :-)
Nice to Haves:
- First hand programming skills (Matlab, Python, Aspen, R, C, Rust, etc.)
- Experience in patenting process (EU, US, China)
- Familiar with Thermal Storages
- University degree in thermodynamics/chemical process/mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Unconventional thinking, proven self-organisation
- Previous experience in start-up or consultancy, leadership experience
vor 4 Tagen
vor 1 Woche
GBI - Global Business Innovation GmbH
vor 2 Wochen
vor 3 Wochen
vor 4 Wochen
vor 4 Wochen