Senior Software Engineer - Web (Python) (m/w/d)
The responsibilities of the web-platform team are extremely diverse and include among others designing the software-architecture, developing specific customer-facing features, automating our own internal processes, integrating external services, designing APIs, and dev-ops activities in order to ensure smooth deployments and reliable service.
Our web-stack currently includes the following technologies:
- React.js / Redux / Semantic UI
As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for expanding the capabilities of the Spanflug web-platform and evolving the software architecture and the technical underpinnings of the system, while ensuring a high software quality and minimising technical debt. Your work will therefore have a large impact on our product and high visibility in our company and among our users.
While your responsibilities are mostly technical, they will also include communicating with stakeholders, establishing good software engineering practices, mentoring team members and interviewing job applicants.
- Develop new features and services for the Spanflug web-platform
- Take ownership over the complete lifecycle of features: from requirement gathering to development, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Be deeply involved in evolving the technical underpinnings and software architecture of the platform
- Take initiative in order to ensure the continued security, reliability and scalability of the platform
- Coach team members and review their code
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent Python skill and a good overview over the Python ecosystem
- Experience working with distributed systems and large codebases
- An excellent grasp of software architecture and design patterns
- A very good understanding of web-technologies
- A good grasp of security best-practices and common vulnerabilities
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with git, docker and Linux system administration
- A passion for dev-ops and CI/CD development workflows
- Experience with React.js is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Get to shape the technical underpinnings of our fast growing and evolving web-platform
- Great office location in the centre of Munich near the Sendlinger Tor
- 30 vacation days
- Flexible workhours
- Choice of Mac or PC hardware
- Budget for conferences, trainings and books
- Subsidised lunches and free snacks and drinks
Spanflug Technologies GmbH
Unser Ziel bei Spanflug ist es, den Beschaffungsprozess für Drehteile und Frästeile so schnell und einfach wie möglich zu gestalten. Wir möchten die Digitalisierung in der Fertigungsindustrie im Bereich CNC-Drehen und -Fräsen voranbringen.