What to expect from the evening?
– Be inspired by our international students who present 7 amazing solutions to tackle global challenges around oceans and waters
– Witness the exceptional learning journey from our students during GESS
– Network and connect with people and become part of a community of pioneers and purpose-driven personalities
– Get to know Munich’s startup scene
– Have free food and drinks and fun
Don’t miss out when we invite an exciting crowd of social entrepreneurs and many more to our Global Entrepreneurship Summer School’s (GESS) final pitches on solutions to the challenges of oceans and waters!
You will be able to make an active contribution at the event: At the entrance you will receive „Impact Euros“, which you can give to your favorite team after their short presentations. It stands symbolically for an investment and makes it possible for us to honor the crowd favorite.
What is GESS?
The Global Entrepreneurship Summer School (GESS) is a seven-day program where 140 university students come together in Munich, Querétaro (Mex.), Shanghai and Cape Town to develop entrepreneurial solutions that meet the world’s biggest challenges. In the spirit of promoting “billion euro projects to take climate action”, we work on the UN Sustainable Development Goals aiming to empower students to become young responsible leaders who create positive change in our society. This year’s topic is „oceans & waters“. Challenges and solutions might range from: rising water temperature and sea levels, no access to clean water, hydroenergy, water pollution or increasing demand for freshwater.